Finished Sequence

Prelim Task

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rough Cut - Reflections

We have completed our rough cut and here is my personal views on what needs to be improved for the reshoot:
  • When Matt enters the house (0:22), he leaves the door open, which I think he would not do in that situation, so he will pause for a second to close the door before running up the stairs in the final cut.
  • His boxers are showing for the entire sequence - pull your trousers up boy!
  • In the shot from inside the car, although its not immediately obvious, you can see some people in the middle of the road. This shot needs to be redone.
  • My acting is terrible. More effort is required.
  • When I barge the door open, I dont really push it that hard. This was because we found that if I pushed any harder I would break the glass on the door. On the reshoot I think I should kick the door, and we can then lay a sound effect over the top in post production.
  • In the final room, when I reach the mirror, there is a cut and I am suddenly walking backwards, which doesnt really work, as in that position you would turn around to walk out
  • In the final room, you can see everything that we had cleared behind the bed, door, etc in some shots. This is because we couldnt really be bothered/didnt have time to clear it away properly. In the reshoot we need to clear away properly before we begin

0 comments: